Chiropodist in Thunder Bay - Posted Dec 24 2018St. Joseph’s Care Group in Thunder Bay ON is currently recruiting for a Temporary Full Time Chiropodist to join our team.
St. Joseph's Care Group is known for living its values of Care, Compassion and Commitment.
We are continuing a tradition that began more than 130 years ago of meeting the unmet needs of the people of Northwestern Ontario. We believe in investing in our people, and offer learning and development opportunities, continuing education, competitive compensation, and a welcoming workplace culture. We offers a wide range of programs and services in addictions & mental health, rehabilitative care & seniors' health.
We care about "Our People", and we know that a welcoming, caring, and supportive environment creates a positive work place that ensures employees are able to provide the best possible care to our residents. As an employee, you will be offered:
- Competitive and progressive compensation package
- Opportunities to grow and contribute within a supportive team environment
- Opportunities to participate in research and teaching initiatives
- Employee wellness program
- Employee discounts
- Employee and family assistance program
This position involves assessment, health teaching and treatment of foot disorders for clients at St. Joseph's Hospital (0.8 FTE) and Regional Wound Program (0.2 FTE) including some travel to areas within LHIN 14.
Qualifications for this position include:- Diploma in Chiropody from the Michener Institute or an equivalent Canadian post-secondary program, or the podiatric equivalent from the U.S.A. or Britain
- Registered member in good standing (or eligibility for membership) with the College of Chiropodists of Ontario
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in the assessment, treatment and management of clients with foot disorders and foot problems
- Qualified in Local Anaesthesia and Soft Tissue Surgery
- Demonstrated ability to practice independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Valid Ontario Class G driver’s license, use of a vehicle and adequate insurance
- Demonstrated regular attendance at work
ABOUT THUNDER BAYNestled on the pristine shores of Lake Superior and surrounded by the beauty of nature, Thunder Bay, with a metropolitan population of 120,000, offers a perfect balance of urban and rural life. With world class sailing, boating, camping, hiking, and cycling in the summer months, and downhill and cross country skiing in the winter, Thunder Bay has something to offer healthy living enthusiasts throughout the year. Affordable housing, short commutes, and a vibrant, culturally diverse community with access to fine dining and the arts, make this community a wonderful place to live, work, and raise a family. Thunder Bay has excellent schools, including publicly funded French language, French immersion, and International Baccalaureate programs, as well as Confederation College and Lakehead University. Thunder Bay is home to the west campus of the Northern Ontario School of Medicine and the newest Law program in Ontario. Thunder Bay also offers innovative opportunities through the Thunder Bay Regional Research Institute.
Great Careers, Start Here!
To learn more about Thunder Bay, please visit: www.gotothunderbay.ca
To learn more about St. Joseph’s Care Group, please visit: www.sjcg.net
To apply, please visit: www.recruitment.sjcg.net