Deadline: September 30, 2023
Posted: May 30, 2023
Job Description / Duties
- Perform treatments, health education/counselling for diseases, disorders and dysfunctions of the foot and other clinical foot care activities according to the College of Chiropodists of Ontario.
- Have full knowledge of the scope of the Podiatric Medicine: i.e.: being able to Rx drugs within the scope of practice, perform injectable, soft tissue surgeries within the scope.
- Conduct biomechanical and structural assessments, treat ulcers, acute and chronic infections.
- Preform nail surgery, including administration of local anesthetic.
- Refer patients to the appropriate internal or external resources.
- Provide off site foot care i.e. home visits as needed or requested.
- Demonstrate strong written and communication skills; listens for clarity and meaning, and communicates in an honest manner to make sure there is mutual understanding between patient and practitioner.
Qualifications / Required Skills
- Current registration with the College of Chiropodist of Ontario
- Professional Certification; D.Ch. or D.Pod.M
Our approach to the community encompasses the broad social detriments of health and aims to build community capacity. As a member of the interdisciplinary team, the chiropodist provides client-care in accordance with the established standards of practice expected by the College of Chiropodists of Ontario. They must hold a current practice license and in good standing with the College of Chiropodist of Ontario. The Chiropodist / Podiatrist is expected to contribute and create a safe and healthy environment for patients, staff and others.
Position Title: Chiropodist
Company Name: FCO - Foot Clinic & Orthotics
Location: Kleinburg, ON
Established Chiropody practice since 2014, with 2 locations, our busy Foot Clinic is looking for a passionate and motivated Chiropodist / Podiatrist to join our team (new graduates welcome).