Chiropodist Temporary Full-Time over 2 Locations - Tilbury District Family Health Team & Leamington & Area Family Health Team
Position: Chiropodist Temporary Full-Time over 2 Locations
Deadline: June 26, 2019
Posted: June 12, 2019
Job Description / Duties
• Assessing, diagnosing and treating abnormalities and diseases related to the foot and lower limb in people of all ages.
• Providing treatment of disorders among high-risk patient groups such as geriatrics and those with increased risk of amputation; providing advice and making referrals as appropriate.
• Prescribing, producing and fitting orthotics and other aids and appliances.
• Delivering foot health education, particularly to more vulnerable social groups including geriatrics, children and those with medical problems such as diabetes, osteo-arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
• Working closely with other medical practitioners such as doctors, nurses and complementary practitioners in the provision of multidisciplinary team delivery of healthcare.
Qualifications / Required Skills
• Completion of Bachelor of Science and Graduate Advanced Diploma of Health Sciences (Chiropody)
• Preferred one or more years of clinical experience.
• Must possess a license with the College of Chiropodists of Ontario as a chiropodist.
• Experience working in primary care an asset.
• Knowledge of and working experience with computer systems and applications (Accuro an asset).
• Honed patient assessment and triage skills.
Human Resources and Finance Manager
Tilbury District Family Health Team
P.O. Box 760
Tilbury, On, N0P 2L0
The Leamington & Area Family Health Team and the Tilbury District Family Health Team together, are recruiting for a temporary full-time Chiropodist. This position will work 0.6FTE in Leamington and 0.4FTE in Tilbury.
The Tilbury District Family Health Team (TDFHT) and Leamington & Area Family Health Team (LAFHT) are both an interdisciplinary team committed to improving health and well-being of our community through accessible primary health care programs and services.
The TDFHT and the LAFHT partner with numerous agencies to bring their services and expertise to the Tilbury and Leamington community.
Please refer to our websites for more information www.tdfht.ca and www.lafht.ca