Deadline: February 28, 2021
Posted: February 23, 2021
Job Description / Duties
Reporting to the Program Manager, Regional Diabetes Programs, the Chiropodist is a primary health care practitioner responsible for providing advanced foot care services to people living with diabetes. The team of 4 chiropodists provides these services at multiple sites throughout the Champlain region on a rotational basis. (The locations and amount of travel vary between the team members) The Chiropodist may also assist with community outreach and health care provider or patient education regarding diabetic foot care, in cooperation with local partners.
Qualifications / Required Skills
• Graduation from an accredited school of chiropody.
• Current registration with the College of Chiropodists of Ontario.
• Experience providing foot care services to people living with diabetes.
• Thorough knowledge of and proficiency in the theory behind and practical application of chiropody.
• Knowledge of the impact of social/cultural/economic factors on the determinants of health.
• Commitment to community-based health care.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Effective communication skills.
• Ability to work under stress with multiple demands.
• Ability to be flexible, cooperative and work as part of a team.
• Ability to work autonomously.
• Ability to deal effectively with hard-to-serve clients.
• Demonstrated flexibility, good judgement, tact, initiative & creativity.
• Respects and values the diversity of communities and individuals.
• Sensitivity and alertness to signs of a client in crisis.
• Pays attention to detail.
• Two to five years’ experience, preferably in a community-based setting.
• English, written and spoken.
• French, written and spoken is a strong asset.
• Arabic, Cantonese, Mandarin, Somali, Spanish, Hindi or other languages relevant to the Champlain community, both written and spoken, is an asset.
How to “express an interest” for this opportunity:
Submit your letter of interest along with your résumé on or before March 17, 2021 by 11:59pm to email@example.com. Please note the following:
- The subject line of your email should read “Chiropodist – Permanent – F/T (and/or)
- The subject line of your email should read “Chiropodist – Term F/T or P/T”
- The file name for your resume should read:“ (last name)_(first name)_ Resume
- The file name for your cover letter should read: “ (last name)_(first name)_ Cover Letter
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants invited to an interview will be contacted.
Candidates requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so arrangements can be made. CCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce and as such we encourage applications from individuals who reflect the broad diversity of communities we work with.
Salary: $34.933/hour to $42.088/hour
Centretown Community Health Centre
420 Cooper Street
Vision - Healthy, caring, inclusive communities where every one matters.
Mission - We lead the way in improving health and wellbeing for people and communities.
Values - Equity / Empowerment / Excellence / Respect
Our model of care
The Centre provides care that is comprehensive, accessible, interdisciplinary, integrated, community governed, and client-centred. We carefully consider the social factors that have an impact on health and engage the community to ensure we remain responsive to local needs.
Our service delivery philosophy
We are dedicated to providing consistent health and social services that are of the highest quality in a welcoming and safe environment. We are committed to reducing barriers that limit the use of our services. We encourage participation and believe in our clients’ and communities’ right to play an active role in determining what services are offered and how they are delivered. To foster open and constructive dialogues, we believe in engaging in respectful, honest, and clear communication practices.