Registered Chiropodist in Brampton - Posted January 28 2019LMC Healthcare (LMC) is Canada’s largest specialist care provider in diabetes, endocrinology & metabolism. We’re transforming diabetes care by making it more accessible, comprehensive and patient-centric than ever before. LMC has 11 multi-disciplinary centres of excellence and 19 clinical research sites located in 4 provinces (Ontario, Alberta, Quebec and British Columbia). Our 50+ Endocrinologists, many of whom are nationally renowned for their areas of expertise, are supported by an interdisciplinary team of highly qualified Medical Office Administrators, Medical Assistants, Registered Nurses, Registered Dietitians, Physician Assistants, Pharmacists, Optometrists, Opticians, Optical Assistants, Chiropodists and Clinical Research Professionals.
The LMC team is growing and looking to hire a Registered Chiropodist who can work on a permanent, part-time or potentially full-time basis supporting the LMC Chiropody team and the Director of Chiropody in managing daily operations. You will promote Chiropody services to patients mainly from the LMC Brampton location, but may have opportunities to work in our other locations as well.
Responsibilities:• Full scope of Chiropody practice according to the standards of the College of Chiropodists of Ontario.
• Collaborating with an inter-professional team including Endocrinologists, Nurses, diabetes Educators, Pharmacists, etc.
• Providing patient care including and not limited to nail and callous care, wart treatments, treating chronic and acute wounds, performing soft tissue surgeries, biomechanical and gait analysis for offloading purposes.
• Providing foot education to patients and other local professionals.
• Ensuring treatment rooms and equipment are all well maintained.
Qualifications:A Graduate Diploma from a recognized school of Chiropody with professional certification (D. Ch. or D. Pod. M.).
• Member in good standing with College of Chiropodists without limitations.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Expertise in providing care to individuals with diabetes.
• Proficiency in use of computers.
• Excellent decision making and problem solving skills.
• Ability to take initiative.
• Willingness to work in a team environment.
• Fluency in speaking Punjabi, Hindi, and/or Urdu would be a valuable asset.
LMC provides six industry-leading programs areas:Endocrinology Specialist Practice (publicly-funded) - representing the largest group of Endocrinologists globally
• Nationally-accredited Diabetes Education Program (publicly-funded)
• Diabetes Pharmacy
• Chiropody & Foot Specialist Care
• Optometry & Eye Specialist Care
• Canada's largest Clinical Research network specializing in Diabetes innovations
Why LMC might be right for you!2016 Certified Best Workplace™
• 2014 and 2015 Canada’s Best Workplaces™
• Ongoing career training and development
• Employee Appreciation Days Off
• Additional Holiday Closure
• Opportunities to work with internationally renowned Endocrinologists
• State of the art Electronic Medical Records (EMR) environment To apply click here: https://lmcdiabetesendocrinology.applytojob.com/apply/dgWiq6TGHf/Registered-Chiropodist LMC Healthcare is an organization committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Once an applicant has been selected for an interview, requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.